Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Jill!

For those who don't know Jill at "Who Could Ask for Anything More", let me assure you - you are missing out.

I don't remember how I stumbled upon her blog about a year ago, but in that year I am sure I've visited her blog 5 out of 7 days of most every week.

She makes me laugh, she makes me cry, she makes me think.

I remember feeling so robbed as I looked back at my childhood - we never celebrated May Day. I mean, who knew? Gifts on May Day? Jill enlightened me . . . .

I, like her, haven't drank a glass of milk in about 20 years, but unlike her, I love all things cilantro . . she inspired me (to make some homemade salsa, heavy on the cilantro) . . . .

Her love and devotion to Doug, make me want to be as good a wife to my HWH. Yeah, my HWH is as handy as Doug, but not as motivated . . . . Jill inspired me - to motivate :)

Jill's touching words about all her children, leave me never wanting to be away from mine, so for the next 444 days . . . . . . (well, OK, I do have a cruise scheduled, so I'll have to say for the next 444 days I won't part them, in spirit.)

I'll never forget her admitting her fear of one of her children dying, and the learning to trust God with that fear, she said "and I must remember that Adam's little hand, if it should slip from mine, will be caught without fail by God's". I squeeze and hold my little one's a bit tighter now.

Jill, Happy 40th Birthday! Enjoy this day that the Lord has given you - just as you do this life that you have chosen and that chose you . . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great testimony to a Godly Marriage and woman! Thanks for sharing her with us!!

PS Bring on the cilantro!!!

Jill said...

Oh Vail, you bring tears to my eyes. A fellow milk hater - hooray! I never, ever would have guessed how blessed I would be when I started blogging a little over a year ago. You have truly blessed me in so many ways. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being part of my birthday.