Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Review of Return to Me by Robin Lee Hatcher

I have been a regular reader of Robin Lee Hatcher's blog, but had never read one of her books. Return to Me was my first experience with one of her novels and I was NOT disappointed! Below is my review:

If I knew Robin Lee Hatcher personally, I’d think she wrote this book about me. But, I think that is what is appealing about Robin’s writing. She crafts stories that we can all identify with in one way or another.

You may be the parent who feels the pain of a child leaving, worrying about them, praying they’ll return.

You may be the sibling who misses their brother or sister, yet feels like the one who left and eventually returns reaps rewards that are undeserved.

You could be the lover or friend who loses that someone special and must move on.

Whichever you are, this book has something for you.

This is the first book I’ve read by award winning author, Robin Lee Hatcher. Several of her books will be on my Summer Reading List, the hard part will be deciding which of the over 50 it will be. The skillful way in which Robin weaves her tale made me feel as though I was an eye-witness to each scene.

When Roxy returns home the author writes “It was the reception she’d longed for but hadn’t dared hope to receive. Roxy didn’t deserve his love. She wasn’t the woman he’d raised her to be.”, I was in tears.

“God takes my mistakes, my stupid choices, my failures, and even my successes and the pride that can go with them, and when I trust Him with it all, He turns it into good results in my life.” The key word for me here is trust.

“It’s not easy, this walk of faith. But the walk is good and so is God.” Amen.

Pick up a copy, find yourself in the story, and see God’s love for you, no matter who you are or where you’ve been.

Luke 15:32 says “But we had to celebrate and rejoice, for this brother of yours was dead and has begun to live, and was lost and has been found.” That’s what life’s all about folks, being found, returning to Him!

No comments: