Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I Also Wannabe

I also want to be a writer. I want to write contemporary Christian novels. I know I have a gift for writing, the problem is that I don't feel I'm the most creative type of person. I have ideas, but to actually think up a plot . . . .
I've been researching writing, it sounds so technical, the steps of moving your characters through conflict, point of view, etc. Perhaps I should leave it to the professionals. I feel like the Lord told me about a year ago he wanted me to try this, I've tried to ignore it and not do it, but I haven't had peace. Plus, I am generally the type of person that when 9pm comes, and I've gotten the kids in bed, dishwasher loaded, clothes put away, that I just want to veg-out and read or watch TV. I seriously lack self discipline to make myself "work" at the end of a long day.

I've been meditating this week on this verse:

1 Thessalonians 5:13 -15 (The Message)
Get along among yourselves, each of you doing your part. Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we have much more in common than liking cockapoos :)

more on that later :)