Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Tour of Homes

BooMama is hostess to a lot of people sharing their beautifully decorated homes. Here is a short tour of mine:
HWH decorates the outside of the house.We have a tradition of going out together to find our tree. I have stuck to my convictions of having a real tree every year, though I must admit - I am getting closer and closer to giving in to my HWH and getting the fake pre-lit tree. But, I'm still at least a few years away from caving! HWH puts the lights on, then the kids decorate, after they go to bed, I rearrange.
The kids have their own tree - we alternate whose bedroom it goes in each year. This one is a fake tree (they charge about $30 for a real one this size!)
I decorate the mantle and put out all the other decorations.
Knick-knacks people have given me over the years.
My Nativity Scene - I got this about 14 years ago when I worked at Lillian Vernon catalog. We got a very nice discount - everything is much better from LV with a discount! I keep hoping for the Willow Tree nativity - there is even a photo of it on the refridgerator - maybe one year!
Every year I struggle with "do I put the kings here or not"? I know the kings didn't visit the stable - but rather Jesus' house - but - every year I go ahead and put them there. Now, when I get the Willow Tree set - I won't even buy the kings - temptation gone! :)
Another Lillian Vernon discount purchase.
Our count-down tree.
Our Christmas Card holder. After the holiday I like to pull them out, read them again and pray for each family.
And finally, my HWH's dear "children" - Connie and Hans.
These are his beloved Deutsch Drahthaar hunting dogs. I don't mind them, except when they bark (which is often). (All I outright asked for for Christmas was bark collars for the dogs!)
There are a couple people in my life right now who have sick family members in the hospital - my thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Merry Christmas everyone!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww what a lovely time I had visiting your home!!! It's so festive and welcoming!!! Thank you for allowing me a glimpse of your holiday!!!!

Merry Christmas from Dawn in Germany!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Thanks for sharing your home with us!

Joyce said...

Loved the tour. Your dogs are beautiful. Have a Merry Christmas.

In Christ's Joy

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Angi!!

bbeth said...

Thaks for the tour and I hope your Christmas is merry. What a sweet tradition of looking at your cards and praying for each family.
bonniebeth

Totallyscrappy said...

We also save our Christmas cards and pray for the families throughout the year. Thanks for having me over!

Stephanie said...

What lovely pictures! I too am hoping to get the Willow Tree nativity set...someday!

Hope your New Year was a good one. Happy 2008!