Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Our Last Summer Vacation

These are some pictures of our last "vacation" of the summer (Went with my Mom and sister and her 3 kids). We visited the mountains of North Carolina. Even though I've lived in NC all my life - I had never been to Linville Caverns or Grandfather Mountain. I enjoyed both places a lot and glad we got to visit.
Linville Caverns in Linville, NC

On top of Grandfather Mountain in NC

Playing in the creek at the camp ground.

In Jail at Tweetsie Railroad.

Now that summer is "over" we are getting back into the swing of things. I really miss seeing my kids everyday. There was a time in my life when I would not of said that. It may of been due to their ages, my lack of patience, my wish for "freedom", or many other things. But, I've been praying for God to change my heart and make the truth that "Children are a gift from the Lord" - true in my heart. God answers prayer.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Looks like a fun time! I've been to two places in North Carolina - Cherokee with one of our many visits to the Smoky Mountains and recently to the Outer Banks. We stayed in Corolla and got to visit Kitty Hawk. I didn't even know those islands existed until I found them online.