Friday, February 01, 2008

Win a Scholarship to She Speaks 2008

Proverbs 31 Ministries is giving away a Scholarship to She Speaks 2008. This is a conference for speakers, writers and women's ministry leaders.
The part for writers, which I am most interested in, includes bloggers - hey that's me! Ever since I began reading at about 6 years old, I've had a passion for writing. I wrote to get through my parent's divorce when I was 7. I wrote to get through constant moving around from age 8 to 13. I wrote to deal with my adolescent feelings, depression, crying for help in my notebook and a bottle of Boone's Farm. I wrote as a young bride, trying to do the marriage thing right, not like my parents modeled for me. I wrote as I failed at those attempts and struggled through the mistakes I made and sought forgiveness from those I hurt. I wrote as a young mother, not having a clue what I was doing and convinced that everything I was doing was wrong. I wrote as a working mom, struggling with the guilt of leaving my children on a daily basis. I wrote as I learned to turn to God to teach me, love me, and forgive me. I started this blog anonymously (and later "came out"), writing out of hurt and pain from a situation at the church I was attending. The first church I'd ever been a part of. A church that said I (and others who left) never really belonged there anyways.
I am a writer.
I've felt God's gentle hand guiding me in my passion to take it to the next level the past few years (thus, my blogging as a wannabe). But to write a book or attempt getting published in any way is a daunting task. Where do I start? Can I be original? Are my ideas any good? The opportunity to meet Christian publishers and other aspiring writers would be a huge blessing. I would love the encouragement and guidance they could provide both in my writing and my blogging. To meet Blog Stars Boo Mama, Big Mama and Rocks in My Dryer - WOW! I would love for them to help me learn how to make this blog better and to improve another blog I am very passionate about, one I began with several other friends Teen Lit Review.

Thanks for the contest Provers 31! I really wanna be a winner of this scholarship! I wanna take my passion to the next level!

If you're interested in entering, hurry over, the contest ends today!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Blessings on your being able to attend, we all have a story to tell and you have already begun by blogging, which make you a published author!