Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thankful thoughts

A post last week at the Motherhood is Not for Wimps blog got me to thinking. How blessed and thankful I am for my life. What a great, loving HWH I have. What wonderful children (3) I have. My youngest, who is 4 1/2, and was a TOTAL surprise, is such a sweet gift. I live for the moments when he says to me "Mommy, you're warm". He'll snuggle into my arms and lap and lay contently until his 4 yr. old attention gets drawn to something else. He lights up and runs into my arms when HWH brings him through the door after a day at Pre-school. I know I will miss those moments. Perhaps because I feel certain he's our last little one, or perhaps because I'm a bit older and more patient now then I was 7 years ago when my oldest was 4, I enjoy youngest childs youth more than any of the others.

I don't mind them growing up, but I still wanna have those snuggle moments when my kid tells me "I'm warm" and finds peace, security, and comfort in my arms. I can't imagine a much better feeling in my life as a parent.

No comments: